Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mind Break

I haven't updated in awhile but.. I have done a bit that may be of interest if you think on it. Some poetry if you will.

Path

When you walk in a crowded metro,
and your eye spies the floor.
It causes ones mind to question,
"How many have stepped where I have,
and what makes my footstep any different?"

When fumbling through the path of life,
and your eye spies the phase unfold.
It causes ones mind to question,
"How many have stepped where I have,
and what makes my footstep any different?"

And as you walk to your train or booth,
you walk a path, a path walked by no other.
For as you step, by law of human nature,
the path you walk is irregular, and like no other.

And as you walk through phases of life,
you walk a path, a path walked by no other.
For as you live, by law of human nature,
the life you lead is unique, and like no other.

Never will the man smoking across from you know,
the sequence of flavors in life you taste.

Nor will anyone, walk the path you walk.

Whispered through chains

I am but the ticking of the clock,
wrists shackled to ever moving hands.
The cyclic nature of my day,
leaves no time for family nor play.
As towers loom in grids of grey,
I'm lead by chains - never astray.

I am but the crying of a child,
wrists shackled to tiny hands outstretched.
The chaotic shrieks, like fires, I douse;
waiting on needles up till they rouse.
Hiding my tears from a distant spouse,
my prison lies inside this house.

We are but a set of needs,
wrists shackled to our mortality.
Why do we compound these chains, I wonder;
They strike within, these pangs of stress,
we lose ourselves in mountains of chains,
succumbing daily to human pains.

No comments: